Will Rogers once said “The best way out of difficulty is through it.” This quote has been my benchmark for over 40 years of legal practice.
Any type of a domestic case, whether it is uncontested or a highly complex contested matter is a difficult time in any individual’s life. Domestic matters effect the lives of the parties, the children and their property. There is no such thing as an easy case.
Each and every aspect of a domestic relations case must be addressed head on. My extensive background and experience provides you with the means and resources to give you the assurance that your case is in the right place. It is my sincere hope you will allow me to represent you in your time of difficulty.
B.S. University of Kansas
J.D. University of Missouri at Kansas City
L.L.M. – University of Missouri at Kansas City
HONORS and AWARDS
Dean of the Trial Bar awarded by the Kansas City, Missouri Metropolitan Bar Association (2008). This prestigious annual award goes to a select few attorneys who have practiced law for at least 30 years and have consistently demonstrated trial skills throughout their careers.
Best Lawyers of America (1996 to present)
Super Lawyers for Missouri and Kansas (2005 to present)
Rated AV Preeminent (highest possible rating) by Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethical standards
- Practice of law for over 40 years
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney and Director of Wife and Child Support Unit of the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office
- Legal counsel and Juvenile Officer for the Jackson County Juvenile Court
- Deputy Director Missouri Department of Social Services
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS and MEMBERSHIPS
- Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States
- Missouri Bar Association (admitted to practice in the State of Missouri)
- Kansas Bar Association (admitted to practice in the State of Kansas)
- Johnson County, Kansas Inns of Court (Master)
- Fellow American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association – Past President, Family Law Section
(1) Former Board Member of The Children’s Place (therapeutic facility for abused and neglected children)
(2) Former Board Member of Rose Brooks (home for battered women)
(3) CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocate (individuals who volunteer to help battered and abused children)
*Best Lawyers list is issued by Best Lawyer, LLC., Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. Martindale Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. The selection methodology of all three companies can be found at: